Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Four Fall Fashions

The leaves are changing and the temperature is dropping. It can only mean one thing, fall is here! It is my favorite season of the year for activities and fashion. There are so many cute style options for this time of year and I am here to point out my favorites. 



4. The Friday Night Party Goer 
When I think of an outfit to wear hitting the bars or a friend's house party, I think preppy. Not your typical frat bro preppy, but a clean slick look. My personal favorite is wearing a pair of dark washed jeans and a nice button down shirt. I often find that men's dress shirts fit my chest weird and make the shirt bunch up in an unflattering way. There is a queer clothing site called Androgyny that makes the perfect casual dress shirts. They are described as a revolutionary brand designing clothing for androgynous women and trans* identified individuals, who have fit and style preferences that are rarely met by mainstream brands.
Brilliant Lavender Oxford Button-down 


The key to their signature shirt is that it has (1) a “boob” button to minimize gaping, (2) no darts, (3) a full cut to accommodate, but not accentuate, curves.


Limited Edition: Anchors Away

3. The Night-In With Friends
On those nights you just want to curl up and binge watch an entire series on Netflix, you want to be comfortable. Comfortability doesn't have to mean throwing all fashion knowledge out the window. I love shopping at PacSun for more casual fashions. My new favorite trend is a type of sweat pant called a jogger. Joggers typically have a large elastic band around the ankle and sag a bit in the waist area.  What is a pair of comfy sweats without a crew neck?! The crew-neck or as I like to call it, the noodie (no hood hoodie) has made a comeback, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I love the older vintage looking sports team ones, but any will do. Make sure you add your favorite beanie to complete this night-in look!


Been Trill Joggers: $59.95
Riot Society: $44.95

2. The Saturday Morning Coffee Run 
In the past couple of decades, there has been a style movement called "grunge" that has faded in and out. I am not referring to wearing an old trash bag or the nastiest worn jeans you own. I am talking about the style that came out of the change in rock music movement. The grunge style often consists of many unconnected layers of typically cheap clothing such as thrifted items. It's kind of like throwing on your old favorite pair of jeans and tee shirt, but then adding a vest, flannel and old boots. Grunge lets you be unique, without forcing you to buy an entire new outfit. I typically wear an old pair of black jeans with an vintage shirt. I, then tie a flannel around my waist and throw on a bulky pair of boots. This article gives you step by step instructions on how to dress grunge.



Both of these photos are from Outfit Trends

1. The Fall Into Flannel
When I think fall, I think flannel. Flannel can be worn to class, work, parties, tailgates, pumpkin patches, haunted houses, lunch with friends, and everywhere else. They can be worn buttoned up, around the waist, unbuttoned, and under a sweater. Wow! There are just so many choices when it comes to flannels. I would mention a specific retailer that sells them, but honestly you can purchase them just about anywhere. One will never be enough, so stock up on as many as you can!
Photo by Albania
What is your favorite fall style? Comment below and share this post! 

1 comment:

  1. I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again Fashionsty

    ReplyDelete